Eudoxis - The Gathering
Eudoxis were one of the first thrash acts in Canada. The first incarnation of Eudoxis came to life in 1983 in Longeuil, a suburb of the Franco-Canadian city Montreal. The Judas Priest song “Exciter“ had been their blueprint for songwriting and the result was way more aggressive than the british rockers themselves.
In 1986, the 12“-single “Attack from Above“ was released and has since become a searched gem. After some lineup changes, the band started recordings for the full length album “Open Fire“ and it was released in 1991 on vinyl, CD and K7.
On board was the band leader Rick Raczko, vocalist Sotiri Papafylis, drummer J.P. Perrault and axemen Mario Gilles Vaillancourt and Mars B. Alexander. This lineup gave the seven new songs a very distinct and original sound. “Open Fire“ has also become a collector’s item over the years. To commemorate 35 years since the formation of Eudoxis, the band members have decided to re-release all of their old material.
“The Gathering“ is a compilation of the complete Eudoxis recordings along with two new songs by the band Screen which features 4 of the 5 members of the “Open Fire“ lineup.
What you get is one of the most original thrash acts from Canada. Thrash yourself the old-school way!!!
- One of the first thrash acts from Canada
- original thrash metal with a difference
- 7 tunes from the collector’s item “Open Fire” plus the 2 songs from the 12”-gem “Attack From Above”, completed by new material from the ex-musicians of Eudoxis
- 16 page-booklet with artwork, pics & the complete history with liner notes
- limited edition (500 copies)
- Ultimatum/Open Fire
- Tormented We Fall
- Progressive Mental Deterioration (Dementia)
- Omnipotent Phantasies
- The Gathering
- Reach The Sun
- Reflections Of A Lost Past
- Attack From Above
- Metal Fix
- Grip (SCREEN)
- The Clock Keeper (SCREEN)
- 11/15 im LEGACY Mag
- 8,0/10 im Darkscene.at
- 8,0/10 im Obliveon.de
- 8,0/10 im Powermetal.de